Some Things to Think About
However, I've seen most of these individually in several places
Return to the Index Page
- A man asked his wife why there were so many dings on the driver's side
of her Mercedes. She said the brakes must be bad on that side.
- This is the only place in the country where people pull over and stop
for a funeral, but speed up to cut off an ambulance or a firetruck.
- The best advice for teenagers is, leave home now while you still know
- The two biggest problems in America are making ends meet and
making meetings end.
- In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a
single file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic? Do tall
people burn slower?
- You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking 5 miles a
day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where she is.
- If you ever see me getting beaten by the police, put down the video camera
and come help me.
- I voted for the Democrats because I didn't like the way the Republicans
were running the country. Which is turning out to be like shooting
yourself in the head to stop your headache.
- I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every
other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the
locks, they are always locking three.
- Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
I Never thought about that!
- Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?
- Why isn't PHONETIC spelled the way it sounds?
- Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
- Why are cigarettes sold at gas stations where smoking is prohibited?
- How does the snowplow driver get to work?
- If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, why are there locks on the doors?
- How do they make Teflon stick to the pan?
- If buttered toast always lands buttered side down and a cat always lands on its feet, what would happen if you tied a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
- If you are moving at the speed of light and turn on a light, can you see it?
- Why do the keypads of the drive-in ATM have braille on them?
- Why don't sheep shrink when they get wet?
Return to the Top
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts) is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a car driving under an airplane.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
- Our eyes are always about the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- David Prowse, was the guy in the Darth Vader suit in Star Wars. He spoke all of Vader's lines, and didn't know that he was going to be dubbed over by James Earl Jones until he saw the screening of the movie.
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category.
- Columbia University is the second largest landowner in New York City, after the Catholic Church.
- Cat's urine glows under a black light.
- Back in the mid to late 80's, an IBM compatible computer wasn't considered a hundred percent compatible unless it could run Microsoft's Flight Simulator.
- The first Ford cars had Dodge engines.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- It takes about a half a gallon of water to cook macaroni, and about a gallon to clean the pot.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19.
You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- No NFL team which plays it's home games in a domed stadium has ever won a Superbowl
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To Beaver".
- In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burned down but only 6 people were injured
- Lincoln Logs were invented by Frank Lloyd Wright's son.
- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers --they saw it as competition. It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.
- The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League All-Star Game.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan"
If you've got any to add, please
E-mail the Pagemaster
Page 4 of 6